Pages

Wednesday, April 12, 2017

'People have to start respecting the vagina' - Janelle Monae

R&B singer and actress, Janelle MonĂ¡e covers the May edition of Marie Claire magazine where she made alot of bold statements as well as taking a stance on women’s rights and female empowerment.
In her interview, she discussed the actions of men and how that contributes to the way women are presented to the society. “People have to start respecting the vagina,” she said.
She continued to say,
“until every man is fighting for our rights, we should consider stopping having sex. I love men. But evil men? I will not tolerate that. You don’t deserve to be in my presence. If you’re going to rule this world, I am not going to contribute anymore until you change it.”

She also said, 'when I first started in this industry, my goal was to be some best friend. The sidekick. I thought that would be an accomplishment. But seeing people like Viola and Tracee Ellis Ross and Gabrielle Union and Lupita Nyong’o who was two classes behind me at Yale -- I can hope for more.” The Marie Claire 2017 May issue comes out on newsstands April 18. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...