Pages

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

My Lord, I Have Two Husbands, Can I Divorce One? - Woman Asks Ibadan Court

A middle aged woman married to two husbands in Ibadan has gotten the leave of a Customary Court to divorce one of the husbands .
The woman , Modinat Mufutau , on Tuesday told an Idi -Ogungun Customary Court , Agodi in Ibadan how she alternated two husbands in order to satisfy herself and get enough money to take care of her three children .
Modinat had begged the court to dissolve her 12 years relationship to one of her husbands , Ajadi Mufutau , for alleged lack of care and maltreatment .
She told the court that she met Mufutau in 2005 , and he impregnated her without marriage formalities.
The petitioner said that at the beginning of the relationship Mufutau pretended to be a nice and responsible man.
“ But when he impregnated me , he began maltreating and beating me whenever I demanded money for antenatal care.
“ I left his house after delivery and hooked up with another man , Saheed , who impregnated me two years later but turned me into a punching bag after delivery of my second child for him .
“ Later, I settled down with Mufutau , got pregnant for him again , but Saheed , who I have the second child for begged me to continue with him.

“ I decided to date two of them without any problem until they met each other in my rented apartment and fought.
“ My Lord , I have made up my mind to divorce Mufutau because he had stopped giving me money for the maintenance of the two kids I had for him since he fought his rival , Saheed , in my apartment, ” Modinat said .
Mufutau did not contest the petition for dissolution .
He said , “Modinat is a shameless woman. I was not aware that she still dates Saheed until I met him in the apartment I rented for her and she did not see anything bad in her action.
“ I just pray the court to allow the first child be in my custody so that I can properly take care of the child and I promise to support her for the care of my second child , ” Mufutau said .
President of the court , Chief Mukaila Balogun, and the court’ s assessors , Aare Samotu and Ganiyu Alao, agreed and dissolved the union .
The court awarded the custody of their first child to the respondent and the second child to the petitioner .
Balogun ordered Mufutau to pay N3,500 as monthly allowance for the upkeep of the second child and warned both parties against fomenting trouble .
Source : punchng

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...