Pages

Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Mum's 'cold' was rare cancer that caused her head to swell up like a watermelon

A mum who thought her constant cough was just a common cold has spent the past two years battling a rare cancer.
Heather Longdon was diagnosed with stage three larynx cancer last August after having a constant cough, sore throat and heart palpitations for 11 months, the Nottingham Post reports
The 27-year-old, from Nottingham, had chemotherapy and radiotherapy every day for seven weeks
The blow came just two years after Heather and her husband Ben's IVF baby, Logan, died of cot death 10 days after his birth and seven months after the couple's second son, Kian, was born.
She said: "I felt destroyed inside. All I could think of was my son. I thought I wouldn't make it but I had to put my feelings aside and get on with it.
"It was the most awful thing in my life. The treatment was so draining and then going home to my son took its toll on me. I ended up being hospitalised for the last four weeks of treatment."
View more photos bellow.




Read more at Mirror


1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...